June 15, 2021
6 reasons to become a monthly donor to ensure brighter futures
Become a monthly donor today to spread some sunshine because our kids rely on your continued support.
On June 15 and 16, you can help ensure brighter futures in Saskatchewan during the 2nd annual Day of Sunshine presented by The Mosaic Company.
A Day of Sunshine is a two-day social media campaign that encourages monthly donor sign-ups and one-time donations to help children get the life-saving care they need. During these two days, your donation will go even further, as monthly and one-time donations will be matched by Mosaic up to $40,000.
Here are 6 great reasons to make a monthly commitment to kids and become a member of our Sunshine Maker Club!
- You change lives every day. It’s a small act with a big impact. Monthly donors provide funds for where it’s needed most to support our youngest patients. Sign up today to help kids like Silas. Click here to read his story.
- Double your donation during Day of Sunshine! Become a monthly donor on June 15 & 16 and your gift will be matched every month for an entire year! That’s double the impact for 365 days!
- Keep it local. A full 100 per cent of your donation stays right here at home to help Saskatchewan children and families.
- You will receive a tax credit each year for your generosity.
- It’s convenient. No matter where you are, your life-saving gift will be processed automatically every month. This is a meaningful way to spread your generosity throughout the year, by donating via pre-authorized payments of $20 or more each month deducted by debit or credit card on the 15th of every month.
- Be green. Consolidated annual mailings use less paper and are more environmentally friendly.
Help fund critical care for Saskatchewan kids
Sign up online today to become a Sunshine Maker with Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation to provide reliable funding for our families here at home who require specialized care.
Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital is home to Saskatchewan’s only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. It’s here that highly trained teams work tirelessly 24/7 to save the lives of Saskatchewan’s sickest and most severely injured kids.
There were 651 PICU cases at JPCH in a year from Oct. 1, 2019 to Sept. 30, 2020. Of these cases, 58.5 per cent of patients were from outside Saskatoon and area. In that same time frame, the pediatric specialized transport team saw 419 cases, playing an integral role in Saskatchewan’s pediatric critical care delivery.
Your donation during the Day of Sunshine campaign will ensure continued access to the latest state-of-the-art equipment, training and programs designed to help save young lives.
“Who wouldn’t want a day of sunshine?” asks Brynn Boback-Lane, Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation President and CEO. “These two days are especially important this year, as all contributions give us the opportunity to provide vital equipment that is needed at our provincial maternal and children’s hospital. A monthly gift of $20 goes a long way in ensuring we can plan to purchase these life-changing items. We hope you will consider becoming a Sunshine Maker on June 15 and 16.”
Join us today
You can become a monthly donor today! If you take up the challenge join in on the conversation by using #DayOfSunshineChallenge!