March 19, 2017
Inaugural #ChildrensHospitalsWeek Kicks Off Across North America
Did you know that Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation has been partners with Children’s Miracle Network since 1993? Because of you, over $10.8 million has been raised for sick and injured kids across Saskatchewan. Funds raised through Children’s Miracle Network partners have helped support the province’s most urgent maternal and pediatric equipment needs, including a hand-held Doppler machine to measure an infant’s blood pressure, portable sleep study monitors, and a Si-PAP Non-Invasive Infant Ventilator to help babies breathe easier.
To celebrate, Children’s Miracle Network, in partnership with Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation, is kicking-off #ChildrensHospitalsWeek, which runs from March 20-27. Here are four fun ways you can get involved:
1. Wear a Band-Aid. Show your support for Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation by wearing a Band-Aid of your choice, taking a photo, and sharing it on social with the #ChildrensHospitalsWeek hashtag. Here are a few examples:
- Facebook: I’m celebrating @pattisonchildrens and #ChildrensHospitalsWeek and the more than $10.8 million they’ve raised through @Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals since 1993! Learn how you can help at cmnhospitals.org/childrenshospitalsweek.
- Twitter/Instagram: I’m celebrating @pattisonkids/@pattisonchildrens and #ChildrensHospitalsWeek and the more than $10.8 million they’ve raised through @CMNHospitals since 1993!
2. Tune in to CMN Hospitals’ Facebook Live-athon at 10 a.m. EST on Friday, March 24. This two-hour live fundraiser, broadcast from Walt Disney World, will feature Miracle Kids from each province and U.S. state as well as entertainment from celebrity guests — all hosted by longtime celebrity supporter Nick Cannon. Watch live on Facebook at Facebook.com/CMNHospitals. Be sure to watch for Saskatchewan’s own twelve-year-old Calla Gross, a former Neonatal Intensive Care baby and 2016/17 Champion Child presented by Walmart.
3. Watch and be inspired by Calla’s remarkable story. Watch her story here and show your support for Calla and kids like her by inflating a balloon online at childrensmiraclenetwork.ca/balloons between March 18-20.
4. Donate. Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals treats 62 kids every minute. Donations raised locally stay local to fund critical treatment and healthcare services, pediatric medical equipment needs, and family-centered care.
“By establishing #ChildrensHospitalsWeek in 2017, we’re taking the opportunity to honor not only our Champions and partners, but also the hundreds of children’s hospitals across Canada and the U.S. who impact the lives of millions of children annually,” said John Lauck, President and CEO of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. “We’re reminded daily of the fact that contributions of all sizes add up to provide critical funding for pediatric medical equipment, services, research and charitable care, and that community donations are vital for local kids in need.”
“The launch of #ChildrensHospitalsWeek gives us a chance to celebrate not only our youngest heroes but also the remarkable work being done by pediatric and maternal specialists across North America,” says Brynn Boback-Lane, President and CEO of Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation. “It also serves as a timely reminder to everyone across the province as to the importance of having a dedicated maternal and children’s hospital in our own community.”
#ChildrensHospitalsWeek coincides with CMN Hospitals’ annual “Momentum” event at Walt Disney World, a three-day gathering of 62 Champion kids from each Canadian province and American state, along with CMN hospital representatives and corporate and media partners.
The CHFS is the sole Saskatchewan member of Children’s Miracle Network, one of North America’s leading children’s charities. Children’s Miracle Network raises funds for more than 170 children’s hospitals, including 14 across Canada. A full 100% of funds raised locally stay right here in Saskatchewan.