Closes Wednesday February 8th, 2023
Do you want a career in an organization dedicated to raising funds for the enhancement of maternal and children’s health care and Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital? Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation is a provincial charity making this their mission every day.
We are seeking an energetic and passionate individual to join our Communications team to assist in email marketing, newsletter creation (print and digital), media monitoring, writing and editing, video production and promotion of fundraising activities as Communications Associate. A strategic highly organized team player is needed who pays attention to detail and has the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with the Philanthropy team helping develop effective and inspiring communications tools to assist in raising funds.
- Creates and distributes e-blasts throughout the year.
- Creates, updates, and maintains timely and compelling email marketing through MailChimp.
- Works closely with the Communications Director to align brand elements with email content.
- Integrates Foundation marketing materials into email communications.
- Provides email analytics to the Communications Director.
- In coordination with the Communications Director and external consultants, gather information including family stories, impact reports, pictures etc. for inclusion in the hard-copy newsletter (mailed twice a year), and the quarterly e-newsletter (March, June, September, December).
- Once a week media monitoring of Foundation news, community events, and other related news stories to Foundation staff.
Monthly Donor & Legacy Giving Communications
- Create a communications plan for the Sunshine Maker Club (current and potential monthly donors) and Legacy Giving donors of JPCHF ensuring they are communicated with in a timely manner.
- In coordination with Philanthropy, organize donor spotlights to be circulated on social media and email marketing.
- Conduct children/family/health care professional/sponsor interviews for creation of written stories/bios for radio stations. In collaboration with the Communications team, develop diverse lineup of interviews for Radiothon.
- With support from the Communications Team, prepare digital content for the radio station’s “Digital Binder”.
- With support from the Communications and Philanthropy Teams, create high-impact in-hospital communications pieces such as the Donor Video Wall, TV monitor content and other promotional tools to engage visitors and staff within Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital.
Writing and Editing
- Align communications materials with the mission, vision, values and the brand messaging framework.
- Meet timelines and ensure accuracy for communications materials.
- As required, develops animated infographic videos for fundraising initiatives.
- In coordination with the Communications Director and external consultants, creates video elements as needed for fundraising events, including Radiothon and special events.
- Demonstrates passion for Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation’s mission, vision and values.
- Ensures own work integrates effectively with other staff team colleagues, coordinating efforts where required.
- Effectively manages assigned projects.
- Provide timely and competent communications project support.
- Provides timely and relevant material as appropriate.
- Participates in problem-solving as required.
- Manages all information and materials in a confidential manner.
- Promptly communicates issues of importance and concern to the Communications Director.
- Collaborates with internal and external colleagues as required to complete assignments and support team efforts.
- Complies with Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation policies and procedures and relevant provincial laws, rules and regulations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication or related field is required.
- Minimum two to three years work related experience in the communications and/or agency sector.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work collegially within a staff team environment.
The job posting closes on Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Please send your resume to:
Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation
1-345 Third Avenue South
Saskatoon, SK S7K 1M6
We thank all applicants, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.