Closes Thursday February 17th, 2022
Are you a communications professional wanting to bring to life the compelling stories of children/families/health care professionals within Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital? Are you a relationship builder with a drive to evoke emotion through your writing, photography and videography? Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation is looking for you.
We are seeking a passionate and energetic individual to join our Communications team (located at the hospital) to lead and create the profiles of a diverse group of people within Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital; to share these experiences across multi-media channels and promote the philanthropic activities and needs within the Foundation. A strategic, highly organized team player is needed who pays attention to detail and has the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. You will work closely with the Communications and Philanthropy teams to develop effective and inspiring communications tools to assist in raising funds.
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Communications Associate (located in Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital) assists the Director with the implementation of the Strategic Communications Plan dated January 2022. The Associate specializes in relationship building, and writing impactful stories and profiles with a diverse group of families, children, health care professionals etc. as well as promoting philanthropic activities across multi-media channels and within Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital. Experience in writing, research, photography and videography are key skills and responsibilities. By collaborating with a skilled staff team, particularly the Philanthropy Group, the Communications Associate develops effective and inspiring communications tools to bring in-hospital experiences to the public, helping to raise the provincial profile of the Foundation and increase revenue generation.
Family Ambassador Program
- Develop and implement the Foundation’s Family Ambassador Program, in order to initiate and build relationships with patients/patient families and share their compelling stories with all JPCHF stakeholders.
- Create high-impact profiles of children/families to demonstrate the needs within Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital and promote fundraising support for such needs across multiple communications channels, including through appropriate SHA channels.
- Cultivate ongoing relationships with the children/families to provide up-to-date profiles for Foundation campaigns and events, such as Radiothon.
- When required, manage requests from start to finish, for Ambassador Family presence at appropriate public events.
- Initiate and develop relationships with health care professionals (physicians, nurses, therapists etc.) in order to create compelling profiles, testimonials and stories, to generate interest and fundraising support from the public.
- Conduct children/family/health care professional/sponsor interviews for creation of written stories/bios for radio stations. Develop diverse line up of interviews for Radiothon, based on the fundraising focus and other objectives for that year’s broadcast.
- With support from the Communications Team, prepare digital content for the radio station’s “Digital Binder”.
- Search out and highlight Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital and its internal achievements, activities, and needs to all stakeholders, through features promoting equipment/program/human interest/research features and the potential impact of philanthropic donations.
- Promote and highlight Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation’s role and support provided within Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital.
- With support from the Communications and Philanthropy Teams, create high-impact in-hospital communications pieces such as the Donor Video Wall, TV monitor content and other promotional tools to engage visitors and staff within Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital.
Writing and Editing
- Align communications materials with the mission, vision, values, and the brand messaging framework.
- Develop ongoing relationships with Ambassador Families, health care professionals and other key stakeholders to create compelling profiles and stories.
- Meet timelines and ensure accuracy for communications materials.
- Take impactful photographs and create video support for family/health care provider profiles to further enhance written pieces.
- In coordination with the Communications Director and external consultants, create video elements as needed for fundraising events, including Radiothon and special events.
- Demonstrates passion for Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation’s mission, vision and values.
- Ensures own work integrates effectively with other staff team colleagues, coordinating efforts where required.
- Effectively manages assigned projects.
- Provides timely and competent communications project support.
- Provides timely and relevant material as appropriate.
- Participates in problem solving as required.
- Manages all information and materials in a confidential manner.
- Promptly communicates issues of importance and concern to the Communications Director.
- Collaborates with internal and external colleagues as required to complete assignments and support team efforts.
- Complies with Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation policies and procedures and relevant provincial laws, rules and regulations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication or related field is required.
- Minimum two to three years work related experience in the communications and/or agency sector.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work collegially within a staff team environment.
The job posting closes on Thursday, February 17, 2022.
Please send your resume to:
Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation
1-345 Third Avenue South
Saskatoon, SK S7K 1M6
We thank all applicants, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.