Closes Tuesday April 11th, 2023
Are you searching for an opportunity to showcase your sharp technical, organizational and collaborative skills? Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation has an exciting opportunity to learn about all aspects of our provincial charity through the position of Philanthropy Coordinator. Join our “work hard, play hard” staff team as we support and enhance maternal and children’s health care across the province.
The position requires strong technical skills and interest in learning new systems, as you provide the main technical and administrative support for the Foundation team. There are no two days alike, with constant learning opportunities. Multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, you will work collaboratively with all members of the staff team, along with donors, volunteers and families. If you are a detail and results-oriented person who uses technology as a strategic tool, we need to talk!
Strong MS Office experience and skills are required. Experience with Raiser’s Edge/NXT and Adobe Suite are definite assets as well as post-secondary education.
Reporting to the Community Engagement Director, the Philanthropy Coordinator is responsible for providing prospect research, donor moves management, Raiser’s Edge/NXT query and technical support, proposal support, high-level administrative support to the Philanthropy and Community Engagement group, as well as a key player in the front office duties for the JPCHF.
All activities/duties of the Philanthropy Coordinator will reflect and support the Foundation’s Strategic Priorities.
- Manage and grow all aspects of key stakeholder relationships in order to increase revenue, elevate the Foundation’s profile and meet stakeholder expectations.
- Supports Stewardship & Grants Manager in prospect research, external grant applications and matters of donor stewardship/marketing program as required.
- Prospect identification research for Philanthropy Manager, based on provided criteria.
- Management of “Donor Moves Management” within Raiser’s Edge/NXT for appropriate stewardship and growth of donor relationships, with an aim to increase annual revenue.
- Raiser’s Edge/NXT queries and technical support for Philanthropy and Community Engagement group.
- Preparation of proposals for Philanthropy and Community Engagement group.
- Co-ordinate and manage donor data entry in Raiser’s Edge/NXT database, event & prospect module entering and retrieving information via list pulling, reports, and queries.
- Answer, screen and re-direct calls as appropriate as well as receive and direct visitors/donors.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail/shipments and bank deposit as required.
- Support proper recognition and stewardship of donors according to the Donor Stewardship Program and Recognition Policy and Action Tracks.
- Coordinate need for office and event volunteers with Community Engagement Manager.
- Event admin support for JPCHF events (eg. Gala, Radiothon). Coordinates, supports, and attends.
- Support of JPCH events and activities.
- Develop and implement Provincial outreach program to rural/northern health care centres with maternal and children’s health care services to help support them (eg. pain distraction kits, books etc.)
- Support/Vacation relief – Administrative staff.
- Create Gift agreements, Sponsor Agreements and Invoices.
- Maintain and update Events in RE through the Events Module.
- Co-ordinate bookings at Saskatoon Club.
- Purchase event tickets.
- Air Canada Flights for families, receive applications, process and book flights.
- Manage JPCHF Inventory lists.
- Other duties as required.
- Ensures own work integrates effectively with other staff, coordinating efforts where required.
- Effectively manages assigned projects. Also provide timely and competent administrative and /technical, and project support.
- Provides timely and relevant reports as appropriate.
- Participates in problem solving as required.
- Manages all information and materials in a confidential manner.
- Collaborates with others as required to complete assignments and support team efforts. Works to resolve conflicts and maintain harmony as needed.
- Works to achieve predetermined objectives, targets and budget as assessed at annual performance review.
- Complies with Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation policies and procedures, and relevant laws, rules and regulations.
Scope of Responsibility
Work is assigned in terms of objectives, targets and schedule limitations. Communication is often detailed and specialized and requires solid knowledge of processes and protocols. Interactions require the skill to deal with a range of people and personalities and occasionally deals with complicated situations.
The job posting closes on April 11, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Please send your resume to:
Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation
1-345 Third Avenue South
Saskatoon, SK S7K 1M6
We thank all applicants, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.