Closes Friday July 15th, 2022
Are you a strategic, passionate and results-oriented person who is energized by the need to support and enhance maternal and children’s health care here in Saskatchewan? Here at Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation, we are your people.
Our provincial charity is seeking a major gift fundraiser with strong relationship management, written and presentation skills to join our Foundation staff team as a Philanthropy Manager. You are a donor-centred, highly organized team member who can successfully implement the major gift and legacy giving priorities based on strong interpersonal skills and a comprehensive operational annual plan. Multi-tasking in a fast paced environment, you will work collaboratively to identify, cultivate and realize gifts from prospective individual and corporate donors across Saskatchewan. Attention to detail, ability to formulate personalized and strategic donor plans and an internal drive to succeed are key success factors for this position.
Post-secondary education, sales and fundraising experience are definite assets. Provincial travel may be required.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Philanthropy Manager is responsible for the major gifts revenue stream through successful identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of current and prospective major donors and sponsors. This will be accomplished through building relationships with key stakeholders and participating in the growth of the foundation’s overall fundraising and stewardship practices.
Development and management of the Legacy Giving Program are also key areas of responsibility.
All activities/duties of the Philanthropy Manager will reflect and support the Foundation’s Strategic Priorities.
- Manage and grow all aspects of donor/sponsor relationships in order to increase annual revenue, elevate the Foundation’s profile and meet donor/sponsor expectations, through Cases for Support (i.e. proposals).
- Develop corporate and individual donor engagement plans to help create meaningful relationships and implement strategies to ensure year-round relationships to increase annual revenue.
- Manage and grow the current major gift portfolio, as well as support annual fundraising efforts.
- Collaborate with Philanthropy team on all aspects of major gift and legacy donor engagement plans and activities.
- Develop and execute strategies to identify, cultivate and solicit qualified prospects for major gifts, leveraging personal and professional relationships into fundraising opportunities. Research of these prospects will be supported by Philanthropy Associate based on given criteria.
- Creation, development and management of JPCHF Legacy Giving Program including preparation of donor educational pieces, promotional plans, engaging with the legal/financial community, prospecting and stewarding of legacy donors.
- Build knowledge with respect to gifts of estates, securities and various financial instruments.
- Stewardship and impact reporting will be key responsibilities in all donor relationships.
- Prepare proposals with the assistance of Philanthropy Associate or Executive Assistant if required.
- Work with the Philanthropy Associate to ensure the Donor Stewardship Program is implemented for all major donors, including recognition events.
- Participate in and attend Community and Third Party fundraising events and initiatives as assigned.
- Other duties as required.
- Raise awareness of JPCHF and its work by attending and/or speaking at external events as required.
- Ensures own work integrates effectively with other staff, coordinating efforts where required.
- Effectively manages assigned projects. Also provides timely and competent administrative, technical, and project support.
- Daily use of Raiser’s Edge/NXT to ensure complete and current donor records.
- Provides timely and relevant reports as appropriate.
- Participates in problem solving as required.
- Manages all information and materials in a confidential manner.
- Collaborates with others as required to complete assignments and support team efforts.
- Works to achieve predetermined objectives, targets and goals as assessed at annual performance review.
- Complies with Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation policies and procedures, and relevant laws, rules and regulations.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Work is assigned in terms of objectives, targets and schedule limitations. Communication is often detailed and specialized and requires solid knowledge of processes and protocols. Interactions require the skill to deal with a range of people and personalities and occasionally deals with complicated situations.
The job posting closes on Friday, July 15, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
Please send your resume to:
Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation
1-345 Third Avenue South
Saskatoon, SK S7K 1M6
We thank all applicants, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.