Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation response to COVID-19
March 18, 2020
As the outbreak of COVID-19 continues to escalate, the well-being of our patients and families, donors, partners and staff is our number one priority.
We know that you are concerned about your health and that of your loved ones. To help protect our community and prevent the spread of illness, we are working closely with the Saskatchewan Health Authority and the Saskatchewan Ministry of Health. Measures being implemented include the following:
- All Foundation events, tours, travel and meetings at Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital have been postponed until further notice to ensure traffic at the hospital is limited to essential personnel only.
- A 14-day quarantine and isolation will be imposed on any JPCHF employees that have travelled outside of Canada.
- Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Jeans & Jewels Gala presented by Mosaic is being postponed. We are working to confirm a new date and will provide information to our ticket holders and sponsors as soon as possible.
- We are working closely with our community fundraising partners as decisions are made whether to postpone, adjust or cancel fundraising events. We will keep you updated through our social channels as news becomes available.
- Sprout Gift Company, the Foundation’s gift shop and Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation on-site office, both located on the main floor of Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital, will be temporarily closed to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- JPCHF team members will work remotely, keeping a few key staff in our main office to ensure that our business and fundraising operations continue as seamlessly as possible. We encourage you to reach out to us at 306.931.4887 or email@example.com with any questions you may have.
Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation is equally committed to taking care of our employees, stakeholders, patients and families, health care providers and donors who work directly with our organization. As the situation unfolds, we will be evaluating future meetings and events based on public health recommendations. We urge you to do the same to keep you and your loved ones healthy and safe.
As always, accept our gratitude for your commitment to Saskatchewan children, and families in hospital who use our maternal and pediatric medical services throughout Saskatchewan every day. You make it possible for the dedicated health care providers who are doing all they can to support their patients during this unprecedented time.
Our work at JPCHF will continue, albeit in a different way. This pandemic demonstrates the real need for assistance and we will work on behalf of the children, expectant mothers and families across our province. They will need our support. You have our commitment to do all we can at this difficult time and thank you for your support.
President and CEO
Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation