Content Marketing Specialist
Closing Date: February 28, 2019
Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation is seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented storyteller to join our Communications team. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating print stories, media releases, and photo material to support our fundraising efforts. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of Photoshop and have a strong ability to meet competing deadlines. You will work closely with other Communications staff in creating a diverse range of products including patient profiles, impact reports, fundraising material and more. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years experience and a degree or diploma in journalism, communications, or public relations.
The Content Marketing Specialist will be working within the areas of editorial planning, writing, photography, and project management. Other duties may include assisting with special events and preparing donor communications.
Reports to: Vice-President of Communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong proof-reading skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage competing deadlines.
- Strong photography skills with a working knowledge of Photoshop.
- Ability to conduct research, including one-on-one or group interviews.
- Must be able to interact professionally with stakeholders and media and demonstrate good judgment.
- Must be able to work independently and with others.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of three years experience and a degree or diploma in journalism, communications, or public relations.
- Ensures own work integrates effectively with other staff, coordinating efforts where required.
- Provides timely and high-quality material as appropriate.
- Effectively manages assigned projects.
- Participates in problem-solving as required as well as works to resolve conflicts as needed.
- Treats all information and materials in a confidential manner.
- Promptly communicates issues of importance and concern to the Vice-President, Communications.
- Collaborates with others as required to complete assignments and support team efforts.
- Complies with Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation policies and procedures, and relevant laws, rules and regulations.
Scope of Responsibilities
Work is assigned in terms of objectives, targets and schedule limitations. Interactions require the skill to deal with a range of people and personalities and occasionally deal with complicated situations. Effort can measurably impact groups of stakeholders as well as targets for revenue generation.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Posting closes February 28, 2019, at 4:30 pm. We thank all applicants, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.