Gift Shop Manager
Closing Date: March 29, 2019
Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation is seeking a professional, career-oriented, highly energetic individual to join our team as Gift Shop Manager. Reporting to the CFO/COO, the Gift Shop Manager will be responsible for providing leadership and management in the day to day operations of the gift shop including customer service, product management, development of work plan and budgetary responsibilities, people management, online store and industry trends. This position requires exceptional management and customer service skills, work independently, excellent communication skills along with retail sales experience. The successful candidate will have extensive familiarity with business trends such as revenue, costs, and continuously seeking ways to meet and exceed client expectations. Post-secondary education with at least five years of sales experience in a retail leadership role, including staff supervision. Experience with POS system requirements and outcomes. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
- Manages the day to day of the gift shop operations at Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital.
- Ensure overall success through annual work plan and budget development and monthly financial reporting.
- Foster a culture of client focus and service excellence.
- Report monthly on the successes and challenges of the gift shop with regular review of the budget to ensure revenue and expense targets are being achieved.
- Provide leadership training for all staff and volunteers. Ensures a positive, diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Holds staff accountable for outcomes and performance.
- Ensures the gift shop is aesthetically pleasing through merchandising and product placement as well as continuous quality of products and pricing.
- Ensure all financial (cash) transactions are handled appropriately, including cash balance, payment of bills, returns as they relate to the efficient operation of the Gift Shop.
- Balancing the daily cash register totals to daily sales receipts from the computerized inventory. Preparation of daily bank deposits.
- Ensure lottery tickets are handled securely and deposits done daily into the lottery account. Balancing lottery sales receipts to payouts daily then reconciling to month end lottery reconciliation reports.
- Ensures accountability of inventory through proper tracking in the POS system, ordering, receiving and pricing as well as and monthly inventory counts.
- Reviews accuracy of invoices, code, authorize and work with the Manager, Information Systems for payment.
- Ensure the longevity of department assets through proper storage and usage.
- Maintains online shopping tool, updating merchandise and fulfilling sales orders.
- Collaborates with Communications to increase sales and target markets via social media and signage.
- Ensures adherence to JPCHF employee policies and practices.
- Develop procedure manuals and training guides for the gift shop. Ensure compliance with federal and provincial laws, regulations, policies and legislation.
- Participates as a member of the Development team providing strategic planning and direction relative to the gift shop revenue stream and activities.
- Ensures plans and strategies are aligned with emerging trends and needs of key stakeholders.
- Ensure the operation plan aligns with the strategic plan.
- Demonstrates a high level of focus on client service, setting priorities based on client needs and continuously seeking ways to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively within a team and throughout the organization.
- Demonstrates the ability to track and report on monthly financial status of the gift shop.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the knowledge and skills specific to the position and uses one’s experience to serve the objectives of both the gift shop and organization as a whole.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt and effectively cope during times of challenge, changing priorities and stress.
- Demonstrates knowledge of business trends such as revenue, costs, customer needs, policies, practices and how these results impact the Foundation.
- Regularly reviews personnel priorities and plans, adjusting goals as departmental and overall organization goals change.
Please apply by March 29, 2019. We appreciate all applications, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.