Manager, Graphics and Communications
Closing Date: August 23, 2017
Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation is seeking an energetic and creative individual to join our Communications team for a 12 month term. The successful candidate will help create and maintain all aspects of the Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation brand. A highly organized, detail-oriented team player is needed with a strong working knowledge of Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop. You will work closely with other Communications staff in creating a diverse range of products including, marketing material, web-based collateral, event material, advertisements and more. Post-secondary education and a minimum of two years professional graphic/visual design experience are definite assets. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
We thank all applicants, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Manager, Graphics and Communications works under the general guidance of Vice-President, Communications and is responsible for all aspect of the Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation visual brand.
- Responsible for creative and design solutions from concept to completion for a diverse range of products including; large scale graphics, marketing material, web-based collateral, event materials, advertisements and more as required.
- Maintain integrity of JPCHF brand
- Ensure that the JPCHF brand is consistently maintained across all aspects including brand attributes and values, visual identity, look and feel.
- Prepare material in correct format for publication, including proofing and high attention to detail.
- Communicate and share ideas with team members to ensure effective creative concepts, target audience and brand standards.
- Liaise with external production and advertising firms to determine artwork and formatting for various projects.
- Update and refresh print material as needed.
- Ensure all digital files (artwork, photos, illustrations, videos) are prepared and maintained in the proper format and resolution for production.
- Preforms other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- 2+ years experience designing for print.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a requirement (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc).
- Ability to design visually pleasing documents while maintaining strong brand standards.
- Comfortable taking on new challenges.
- High level of attention to detail and artistic ability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Preference may be given to those with professional graphic/visual design training.
- Ensures own work integrates effectively with other staff, coordinating efforts where required.
- Effectively manages assigned projects.
- Provide timely and competent administrative and technical, and project support.
- Provides timely and relevant material as appropriate.
- Participates in problem solving as required.
- Treats all information and materials in a confidential manner.
- Promptly communicates issues of importance and concern to the Vice-President, Communications.
- Collaborates with others as required to complete assignments and support team efforts.
- Works to resolve conflicts and maintain harmony as needed.
- Complies with Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation policies and procedures, and relevant laws, rules and regulations.
Scope of Responsibilities
Work is assigned in terms of objectives, targets and schedule limitations. Communication is often detailed and specialized and requires solid knowledge of processes and protocols. Interactions require the skill to deal with a range of people and personalities and occasionally deal with complicated situations.
Effort can measurably impact groups of stakeholders as well as targets for revenue generation.