Share the Importance of Children’s Hospitals by Supporting #ChildrensHospitalsWeek
March 18, 2019
Celebrate extraordinary pediatric care in Saskatchewan and the opening of Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital later this year during the 3rd annual #ChildrensHospitalsWeek from March 18 – 24.
#ChildrensHospitalsWeek is a week-long initiative in collaboration with Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, celebrating the importance of dedicated children’s hospitals and making sure kids get the best care possible when they need it most.
“With over 300,000 children in Saskatchewan, access to family-centred health care is so important. Children’s Hospitals Week is a great way to raise awareness of the amazing work doctors and medical teams do in our home province and across North America,” says Sash Broda, Manager, Development and Engagement, Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation. “It is especially exciting for us this year as we approach the opening of Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital which will provide the best care possible for kids from every corner of Saskatchewan”.
Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation has been the sole Saskatchewan member of Children’s Miracle Network since 1993, and thanks to dedicated supporters like you, we have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for sick and injured children, 100% of which stays right here in Saskatchewan.
But we still need your help!
Blake Wheeler, 2019 Saskatchewan ambassador for the Children’s Miracle Network Champions Program sponsored by Walmart, knows just how important children’s hospitals are. Blake, along with his fraternal twin brother Noah, was born 14-weeks premature. Heart murmurs were detected in both babies, but heart surgery proved to be too much for Noah, who tragically passed away. After 110 days in NICU, Blake was finally healthy enough to go home. Though the odds were stacked against him, Blake has grown into an energetic 12-year-old.
During #ChildrensHospitalsWeek, the annual “Momentum” event at Walt Disney World in Florida takes place. It involves a three-day gathering of the Champion kids from across North America along with Children’s Miracle Network Hospital representatives and corporate and media partners. Blake and his family will be traveling to Ottawa and Orlando to join in on this celebration.
Blake is eager to have the province of Saskatchewan get involved in #ChildrensHospitalsWeek! It’s easy, you can…
1. Make a Donation. 100% of your donations made during #ChildrensHospitalsWeek will stay in Saskatchewan to help fund maternal and children’s health care needs, including research, equipment enhancements, and the new Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital. Click here to donate now.
2. Create a Fundraiser. Show your community you support this important cause and help them get involved! It’s easy to create a Personal Fundraising Page, Click here and fill out the application to get started today.
3. Wear a Bandage. Sport a bandage with Blake’s name on it or the name of a child you know who has benefitted from a children’s hospital. Take a photo and share it on your social media channels with the hashtag #ChildrensHospitalWeek. Be sure to tag @PattisonKids on Twitter and @PattisonChildrens on Facebook and Instagram!
4. Tune in to a Live-a-thon Wednesday, March 20, at 8:00 p.m. (EST): The exciting, live event will feature appearances by various celebrities and of course, the Champions; 10 kids who represent the 10 million kids treated annually at Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals throughout the U.S. and Canada. Catch the action at Facebook.com/CMNHospitals
5. Share #ChildrensHospitalsWeek on your social channels.