Jim Pattison Children's Hospital Foundation Sunshine Fund Grant: Criteria - $100,000 available
The amount of funding available and number of grants requested may necessitate limiting the amount granted.
The Sunshine Fund will provide funding to Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital departments and units for:
- Equipment, furniture or items (usually under $5,000) that are not on, or may not be funded through, the SHA capital equipment list and items to which department operating and designated funds are not available. Note: If donor
support is available in your department’s designated account, please access these funds to purchase the item.
- Minor renovations and improvements to family rooms and waiting rooms in patient areas
- Programs or projects that improve quality of care or access to care for patients, family members and visitors to JPCH
- Special initiatives to enhance staff morale
- Innovative projects. Please call to discuss your idea prior to applying for the grant.
- Please provide a compelling case for support including stats, information and photos for the Sunshine Fund Granting committee to evaluate why your request is important and should be funded.
- Any staff member may apply with the approval of his/her department or unit Manager and Director.
- Priority will be given to requests with no alternate source of funding and/or applications demonstrating matching
- Partnerships between patient care groups are encouraged.
- Only one application from the same Department or Unit will be accepted at each intake.
- Any department or program located at JPCH, or historically considered a part of JPCH is eligible to apply. This includes Alvin Buckwold Children’s Centre, MHAS Youth Services, and Calder Centre, and Brief and Social Detox.
- Applications must include Materials Management quotes. Retail quotes will not be accepted unless approved/obtained by Materials Management. When seeking a quote for Sunshine Fund items, please contact the purchaser for your department to obtain an approved quote. Shipping, taxes, brokerage as well as any other fees must be added on to this quote.
- If you have received a previous Sunshine Fund Grant and have not returned your evaluation form
- Items that would benefit only a single patient, individual staff, education or training
- Applications that do not include quotes approved by Materials Management
- Equipment that triggers maintenance obligations (unless you have signed approval from SHA)
- Applications that provide an estimated cost. In order to avoid over/underfunding, we will only accept exact quotes.
- Staff room renovations and or furniture as per SHA space policy
Grants are adjudicated by Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation Sunshine Fund grant committee, who will then recommend grants to be funded to the JPCHF Granting Committee. JPCHF Board of Directors has final approval.
Applications are reviewed twice per year (August and February) and are accepted anytime throughout the year.
Sunshine Fund Grant Application Form
"*" indicates required fields