January 25, 2022
Small Monthly Gifts Add Up Big to Help Save Young Lives
You can help children in Saskatchewan get the lifesaving care they need when you become a part of the Sunshine Maker Club, giving a gift for as little as $20 a month.
Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital’s Provincial Pediatric Trauma Program helps ensure the best outcome possible for children encountering traumas such as motor vehicle accidents, farm accidents and more. The Provincial Pediatric Trauma Program is made up of highly skilled nurses and physicians specialized in trauma medicine, who work tirelessly 24/7 to save the lives of Saskatchewan’s sickest and most severely injured kids, like Easton.
Support Pediatric Trauma Patients Like Easton
Seven-year-old Easton sustained serious injuries in a farm accident when a sprayer tire fell on him at the family’s farm site west of Torquay, SK.
The giant 1,300 lbs tire landed directly on him and crushed him facedown on the concrete floor.
He was taken away by ambulance and subsequently airlifted to Regina General Hospital and treated in the ER, before being airlifted once again to JPCH.
Miraculously, none of Easton’s vital organs were damaged in the accident, though he sustained small fractures to his pelvis, fractures to the left side of his face and upper jaw. The family spent more than a week at Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital in Saskatoon before returning home on July 15, 2021.
Why Become a Monthly Donor?
Mike McCullough from Regina, SK has been a monthly donor since 2007.
“I choose to be a monthly donor because it’s automatic. Some people may hesitate at making a $250 lump sum donation but asking for $20 a month is very reasonable. For the price of a third of a tank of gas, I can spend my money on something worthwhile to help save a child’s life.”
Five Reasons to Give Monthly
- You change lives every day. Giving monthly is a small act with a big impact. Monthly donors provide funds where it’s needed most to support our youngest patients, families, and moms-to-be.
- Keep it local. 100% of your donation stays right here at home to help Saskatchewan children and families. You will receive a tax credit each year for your generosity.
- It’s convenient. No matter where you are, your life-saving gift will be processed automatically every month. This is a meaningful way to spread your generosity throughout the year, by donating via pre-authorized payments of $20 or more each month deducted by debit or credit card on the 15th of every month.
- It all adds up! Small monthly gifts from our Sunshine Makers are combined to fund the most urgent needs and plan for the future.
- Be green. Consolidated annual mailings use less paper and are more environmentally-friendly.