June 8, 2020
Help spread sunshine for moms, babies, and sick kids in hospital
Everyone needs a little sunshine, especially on days that seem cloudy.
On June 9 and 10 you can help ensure brighter futures for children and families in Saskatchewan during the #DayOfSunshineChallenge.
Sign up to become a Sunshine Maker with Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation to provide reliable funding for our families here at home who require specialized care.
This is a meaningful way to spread your generosity throughout the year, by donating via pre-authorized payments of $20 or more each month deducted by debit or credit card, as well as receive a cumulative tax receipt issued annually.
You can become a Sunshine Maker today at pattisonchildrens.ca/sunshinemakerclub.
Why is this so important? Babies, kids and moms-to-be are fighting health care battles every day, including life-threatening heart conditions, cancer, complex care needs, severe mental health issues and the geographical challenge of being far removed from the sophisticated medical care they need. This is your chance to be a part of something that helps sick and injured kids across our province.
The two-day campaign will also feature support from prominent community members on various social media platforms. You can join in on the conversation as well by using #DayOfSunshineChallenge or find us on our social channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. With your help, we hope to grow the Sunshine Maker Club by 40 per cent over the next two days.
When combined with other monthly donations, your contribution adds up big! In 2019, $191,145 was raised through monthly donors across 170 Saskatchewan communities.
- $20/month can purchase an I-Stat Blood Analyzer that helps doctors and nurses make quick and accurate treatment decisions for our children in time-sensitive situations.
- $35/month can provide a Neonatal Crash Cart that ensures critical medication and equipment is on hand for our tiniest patients during a medical or surgical emergency.
- $50/month can purchase a Ligasure Covidien Energy Platform, a life-saving piece of equipment that helps stop blood loss, decreasing the need for transfusions, and allowing new moms to bond with baby more readily.
“Non-profits have been hit very hard by COVID-19 and many events supporting our Foundation have been cancelled. Despite that, the need for a children’s hospital in Saskatchewan continues, as kids are still getting sick and moms are still having babies,” said Heather Hedstrom, Annual Giving and Stewardship Director at Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation. “Your generous monthly gifts add up to make a big difference and we are so grateful for each of our monthly donors who are helping meet the urgent pediatric and maternal needs in our province.
Five reasons to give monthly to Saskatchewan kids and families in hospital
- Change lives every day. Small monthly gifts combined with others to fund the most urgent needs, add up to make a big difference for children and families in need.
- Keep it local. A full 100 per cent of your donation stays right here at home to help Saskatchewan moms, children, and families in hospital.
- Be green. Consolidated annual mailings use less paper and are more environmentally friendly.
- You will receive a tax credit each year for your generosity.
- It’s convenient. No matter where you are, your life-saving gift will be processed automatically every month.
Ready to make a difference and become a Sunshine Maker? Sign up today!
If monthly giving is not of your interest, we are graciously accepting one-time donations.